Friday 20 March 2015

River Irwell Summerseat 20 Mar 15

I hear that most of the UK did not see the eclipse due to cloud. Not so in my bit of Bolton, just enough cloud to allow one to look at the sun without going blind and see the moon do it's job. My first and probably only chance to to see one, most likely be dead before the next one.

After two days of good and quite warm weather today took us back to cold plus intermittent drizzle.

The Irwell looked fine which just goes to show that looks aren't everything.
 Started with a dry fly even though nothing was rising and the only flies were the ones trying to get up my nose, in my ears and under the peak of my cap. What is it that they want under there.
Soon changed to a spider and a nymph.
 Still nothing, all I was getting was cold and a little damp. Carried on down to the end of this stretch.
and then called it a day, getting soft in my old age. Never mind plenty of better days to come.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment